Saturday, December 08, 2007

Hoy boyet..


Last night i saw Chin and Ikai's play Hoy Boyet hinahanap ka na, hatinggabi na'y gising ka pa pala and it was lovely. I liked the music and the mood. And my friends we're so good. I did not know they could DO THAT. Wow. I love watching plays especially tagalog ones. It gives me this weird feeling. I want to watch it again to catch some unclear stuff though but it was lovely. Oh and it was written by TONY PEREZ who also i think..wrote the lovely Sa north diversion road. Oh diba..kaya pala! at title pa lang panalo na! hoy boyet.....

Speaking of Tagalog plays... i'm not as fond of watching tagalog films as much as i am with english..just like most people. But i still have some few favorites. It's just recent when i took notice of how lovely some filipino movies are. And i'm not talking about the box office tagalog mother lily films that they usually show. I don't know..when a tagalog film is good..it's really good. I like its mood most of all. You know, you can almost breathe it ala lost in translation. I made a list from memory...and here's what i came up with in random order.

1. Bukas na lang kita mamahalin - Angelu De leon and Bobby Andrewss
2. Bata bata paano ka ginawa? - Vilma Santos
3. Magnifico
4. Pare ko
5. May Minamahal - Aiko Melendez and Aga Muhlack
6. Sa north diversion road - Irma freakin Adllawan!
7. Istokwa
8. Hinhintayin kita sa langit - Dawn Zulueta and Richard Gomez
9. Segurista
10. Patayin sa sindak si Barbara - Lorna and Dawn version

I haven't gotten the chance of seeing the classic ones from Lino Brocka (Insiang, tinimbang ka ngunit kulang, Bona, Maynila sa kuko ng liwanag..etc) Mike De leon (Bayaning third world, Bilanggo sa Dilim..etc) Mario O' hara (Babae sa breakwater, Tatlong taong walang diyos..etc. Ishmael Bernal (working girls..etc.) and a lot lot more. I don't know where to get them? perhaps someone could lend me. I would watch them.

My dream job has jumped from being a sportscaster, bookshop owner to a film maker ala Zach Braff. I wonder what's next.

0 comments:

OurBlogTemplates.com 2008

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2008